Those eligible to apply for a Young Carer Bursary for 2017 must:
- be a young carer*
- be studying at secondary school level or above in 2017 (usually aged 12 or over)
- be studying or training an approved course** either full-time or part-time in 2017
- not already be qualified with a Degree or Advanced Diploma
- be aged 25 years and under (be 25 for the whole of the bursary year; so born in 1992 or later for 2017 bursaries)
- not be in receipt of another bursary or scholarship in 2017
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.